I've started it anonymously because there are people out to get me. Don't think just because I'm paranoid nobodies out to get me!
I've titled this "brain dumps of an enigmatic geek" because that's exactly what they are. I have lots of thoughts, feelings and anecdotes I want to share, but I can't because the lowmen in yellow coats are out to get me, and I have such a variety of people I get along with. I'm incredibly easy to get along with, the side effect is of that and my enigmatic nature is most of my friends hate one another. For instance I was brought up in a strong Christian family. Truth is most of my values really do reflect that, and I'm still a believer but I can see what the Atheist mean when they call the Christians nothing but brainwashed masses. I truly believe most Atheist fit the definition of a brainwashed religious group at well, it's just a religion of no religion. As a result anything out of my mouth about religion offends either a family member or a friend. Same is true with politics, software companies, hardware companies, you name it. The punishment of not being a snob yet still being opinionated and firm is not necessarily walking on egg shells, it's the knowing everything I say is going to offend someone I care about. Usually I go ahead and offend, people who know me well enough know it's not a personal attack, but I still can't go around doing it all the time. Thus this blog is born.
For instance, something I can't talk about with everyone. My Lava Lamps. I love my Lava Lamps. What I think is utterly hilarious is every time I look at the box the big lamp came in (it's a big tube, that's gotta be handy for something eventually) I read the tag line "The original shape of cool". Really? It's shaped like a giant butt plug! Either I need to re-evaluate what cool is and decide if I want to be cool, or the fact it's the original shape of cool, inferring a new shape of cool must have come along cool has moved on from being shaped like a gigantic butt plug, but like the Model-T being the original mass produced car we have nostalgia for the giant butt plug shape.
There's no way I could have said that to most people I know and come away unscathed.
I'm also a very busy person. Being busy calls. I've got to go now, but expect more from me later.
No comments:
Post a Comment